Microsoft Windows Instances on HP Cloud
HP Cloud Compute supports Microsoft Windows instances in addition to a variety of Linux distributions. Three images are available: Windows Server Enterprise Edition 2008 SP2 (32 bit) Windows Server 2008 SP2 (64 bit) Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 bit)
Run Microsoft platform workloads on HP Cloud.
Some of the workloads you'll be able to run include:
- Web-based workloads based on ASP.NET, ASP.NET AJAX, Silverlight, Internet Information Server (IIS)
- Enterprise applications based on Microsoft SQL, Microsoft SharePoint and other platforms. (You will need to purchase a separate license for any such application and install it.)
- For Active Directory federation, VPN and other services related to extending your enterprise environment to HP Cloud, refer to http://msdn.microsoft.com.
- RDP access - All Windows instances are created with a randomly generated password that is then encrypted. For more information about how to access your Windows instances using RDP, please review our documentation here.
- License included - The licenses required for a Microsoft Windows instance are included in the price of your instance so you can spin up a server and get started without worrying about any additional agreements, license costs, or migrating licenses.
- Snapshots – Create a snapshot of your Windows instance, which saves your updates to the instance. The 30GB root partition of Windows will be captured in the snapshot.
- Metadata service – Use OpenStack® APIs to pass metadata to agents that you install in your Windows instance.
- Management via multiple modes - Manage your Windows instances via CLIs, via standard OpenStack APIs and via our management console. When you first spin up your Windows instance, it is pre-configured with a hostname and username “administrator”. The default password is passed to you via the console.
Visit our pricing page for current prices.